Mixed Berry Smoothie Prep = My Morning #Jam

Mixed Berry Smoothie Meal Prep How To

I shared my favorite Mixed Berry Smoothie recipe at a cycling party about a month ago and received requests for the recipe. Needless to say they were at hit! So this is for those who got a little taste and were interested in what my ‎smoothie ‎prep included. 

Each week I scan the grocery ads for sales on fruits and veggies. This usually ends with me at our local Aldi's store.  I usually buy whatever I can find on sale, if I'm lucky I can find everything below. 
Estimated calories: 390; fat: 7g; Carbs: 40; Protein: 42; Fiber: 12

Mixed Berry Smoothies
  • blueberries

  • raspberries
  • blackberries
  • strawberries
  • spinach 


You can see in the photo that I have maybe a small handful of each fruit. These are only 1 person servings. If you have a family that you will be making smoothies for I'd suggest adding more to each bag. I then freeze. In the mornings I simply dump 1 bag into the blender. 

Add to the blender: 

  • 1/2 c vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 c almond milk  (I usually go for Silk almond milk with protein + fiber)
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein (I use Cellucor Whipped Vanilla but you can add whatever brand of your choosing or not at all) 
  • tbs flax seed
  • tbs chia seeds

I initially began prepping my smoothies to help ease my hectic morning routine. I get up every morning at 4:30 a.m. and at the gym by 5 a.m. Once I am showered and ready for the day I have maybe a 15-20 minute window for breakfast.  My commute take me about 40 minutes and this was an easy go-to for breakfast on the go.

I'd love to hear any feedback from others who have tried or other recipes you'd like to share.




No comments