DIY Painted Terra Cotta Pots

Spring has officially arrived!  And what better way to celebrate the warmer season than with some colorful plant life. My obsession with succulents started last year when I realized I didn't have much of a green thumb and these suckers are hard to kill. 

Now that we are in the process of re-decorating my office I wanted to add a little splash of color to my walls. This is when Pinterest took a couple of hours out of my afternoon. I stumbled upon this great blog post by Oak Furniture Land, 10 DIY Pretty Plant Pots You Can Create This Weekend. Can we say the title was all I needed to read to know this was it.
After work I went straight to the store and found myself some cute little succulents and terra cotta pots. The plants were a whopping $2 each and the pots + plates were $1.40 each. I considered this a steal. 

I had left over acrylic paint and brushes from a previous antler project (I will post about it soon I promise!) As I painted I found that I preferred a bristle brush over the sponge.
Taking a note from Miss Renaissance I used washi tape (or painters tape could be used too) to section off the area I wanted gold for pot #1 and #3. The other two pots I used a metallic gold sharpie. 


No comments