Homemade Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers


Ingredients:
Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
  2. In a small bowl, stir together eggs and Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning. 
  3. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into 10 patties.
  4. I use a griddle, heat to 375º, grill each side 8 minutes (16 minutes total) 

Tips:
  • I use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to put pattie mixture into, then place onto grill. This helps me keep my patties semi-circular. 
  • I usually freeze 1/2 my batch. They freeze easily and still taste wonderful once unthawed. 
Bonus:
  • This is a very cheap and easy meal. Price per pattie break down: black beans $1.58 ($0.79 each can) + corn $1.15 + 2 eggs $0.20 ($0.10 each egg) = $4.51 / 10 patties = $0.45 each.

No comments