- 2 - 16 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15.25 oz canned corn w/ chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- In a small bowl, stir together eggs and Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into 10 patties.
- I use a griddle, heat to 375º, grill each side 8 minutes (16 minutes total)
- I use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to put pattie mixture into, then place onto grill. This helps me keep my patties semi-circular.
- I usually freeze 1/2 my batch. They freeze easily and still taste wonderful once unthawed.
- This is a very cheap and easy meal. Price per pattie break down: black beans $1.58 ($0.79 each can) + corn $1.15 + 2 eggs $0.20 ($0.10 each egg) = $4.51 / 10 patties = $0.45 each.